Employment law deals with the law as it applies to the workplace. At the Derek Smith Law Group our team of experienced employment Discrimination lawyers and paralegals with offices located in New York City, New Jersey and Philadelphia, represent employees, students, individuals and groups that are involved in employment discrimination, Sexual harassment or wage disputes with an employer or school. We find the most effective strategies to win employment discrimination or sexual harassment cases disputing workplace justice for employers and employees who feel that they have been wronged in some way. If you feel that your employer has in some way mistreated you or badly handled a situation that affects you, contact one of our employment discrimination or sexual harassment lawyers immediately for free consultation. If we take your case case our attorneys charge no fee unless we recover for you
While some cases must be litigated and taken to hearings or trial in order to see them to the end, other cases can often be dealt with out of court. Cases handled out of court require every bit as much attention and brilliance as those taken to court. In addition to expert litigation, The attorneys at the Derek Smith Law Group are also well trained and up-do-date on all forms of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wage & hour violations and wrongful termination dispute resolution such as settlement negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Types Of Employment Law We Service:
Click on any of the following specialty areas of employment law that the Derek Smith Law Group specializes in for more information.
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Severance Packages
- Wrongful Termination
- EEOC Claims Representation
- FMLA Violations Claims
Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC is New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania's leader in employment discrimination and sexual harassment verdicts. We deliver on our promise to provide experienced, intelligent, and aggressive legal representation in all legal disputes related to the workplace. If you live in New York, New Jersey or Pennsylvania and have a dispute with your employer, look no further than the Derek Smith Law Group, PLLC. for your expert legal counsel on Employment law.
Sexual harassment in the workplace is against the law in New York City, New Jersey & Philadelphia. Sexual harassment is a form of gender discrimination. Both federal and state law prohibit gender discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace. Contact New York City employment Lawyer Derek Smith esq. if you are a victim of sexual harassment. Employment Lawyers Representing Employees Exclusively. The top rated NYC, NJ & Philadelphia Sexual Harassment Attorneys at the Derek T. Smith Law Group, PLLC has four separate Million Dollar Jury Verdicts in the past four years - Make sure your employment attorneys have the verdicts to back up their negotiations - Results Matter! The New York City employment law firm of Derek T. Smith employs some of the top and most experienced employment discrimination and sexual harassment lawyers. Defending employees in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Washington D.C.. Our employment law attorneys offer a free legal advice consultation to review your EEOC claim, sexual harassment, employment discrimination or wage & hour violations case. Our Attorneys also charge no fee unless we recover for you in your case. NY-NJ-PA Attorneys
The federal law protects New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia employees from sexual harassment, which is considered a form of sex or gender discrimination. Sexual harassment includes conduct that affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with his or her work performance, or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. This can include behavior such as:
- Unwelcome sexual advances
- Requests for sexual favors
- Sexual Orientation Harassment
- Hostile Work Environment
- Sexual comments
- Wrongful Termination
If you are being sexually harassed at work sexual harassment lawyer from the Derek Smith Law Group,PLLC should be contacted at once. Our sexual harassment firm will conduct a thorough investigation of the sexual harassment claim and pursue any damages that you deserve, including back pay. We are highly experienced in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania employment law, and will make sure your rights and interests are protected.
Sexual Harassment Claims in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia
Sexual harassment in the workplace is a form of abuse that is illegal and should never be tolerated. The sexual harassment can come from a co-worker, boss, vendor or client, whether a member of the opposite sex or same-sex. The comments or gestures can be directed to you personally or to another individual that affects you in some way. Employees are protected by law from sex and gender discrimination both in terms of unwanted sexual behavior and sexual advances that can affect your employment status. An example of the latter is an employee who believes he or she will be fired, demoted or retaliated against in some way by a supervisor seeking sexual favors.
The sexual harassment attorneys at Derek Smith Law Group have many decades of experience representing clients in sexual harassment cases. We know what steps to take when preparing your sexual harassment case and how to achieve the best possible outcome to a sexual harassment claim. Our sexual harassment lawyers will provide whatever support and help you need when seeking redress from inappropriate workplace behavior.
|New York Office
30 Broad Street
New York, New York 10004
Click for street directions »
|Philadelphia, PA Office
1845 Walnut Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Click for street directions »
|New Jersey Office | Hewitt
73 Forest Lake Drive
Hewitt, NJ 07421
Click for street directions »
Our Attorneys offer a Free Consultation and we charge No Fee Unless We Recover For You
Sexual Harassment & Employment Discrimination Attorneys in NYC, NJ and PA
- Firm Overview
- Our Team
- Derek T. Smith, Esq.
- Paul Liggieri, Esq.
- Caroline Hope Miller, Esq.
- Abraham Z. Melamed, Esq.
- Daniel I. Neveloff, Esq.
- Thomas A. Kocian, Esq
- Melissa Mendoza, Esq
- Zack Holzberg, Esq.
- Paul Campson, Esq.
- Alexander Cabeceiras, Esq.
- Nathaniel N. Peckham, Esq.
- Olivia Uzan, Esq.
- Samuel Wilson, Esq.
- Zafer Akin, Esq.
- Andrew S. Alitowski,Esq.
- Jerry Lambe
- Dawn Demaio
- Darryl Hairston, Esq.
- Kelly L. O’Connell, Esq.
- Christina Giorgio, Esq.
- Practice Areas
- EEOC Claims Representation & Mediation Attorney | NYC, NJ and Philadelphia
- Employment Discrimination | WorkPlace Discrimination Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Age Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer | NYC-NJ-PA
- Disability Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer NY-NJ-PA
- Gender Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer | NY-NJ-PA
- Religious Discrimination | Employment discrimination Lawyer in NY-NJ-PA
- Pregnancy Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Compensation Discrimination | Employment Discrimination in NYC-NJ-PA
- Race Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- National Origin Discrimination | Employment Discrimination
- Common Misconceptions | Employment Discrimination
- Weight Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Genetic Information Discrimination | Employment Discrimination in NY-NJ-PA
- STANDING UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS | EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION
- Ethnic Discrimination | Employment Discrimination Lawyer NY-NJ-Philadelphia
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination | Employment Discrimination in NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexual Harassment Lawyer in New York City, New Jersey & Philadelphia
- Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment / Sexism Lawyer in Philadelphia, PA
- Sexual Harassment | Workplace Sexual Harassment lawyer in New Jersey
- Hostile Work Environment | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NY-NJ-Philadelphia
- Quid Pro Quo | Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment Lawyers in NYC-NJ-PA
- Gay and Lesbian Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment Attorneys NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexual Harassment at Off-Site Events | Lawyers in NYC, NJ and Philadelphia
- Stalking in the Workplace | Sexual Harassment Lawyers in NYC-NJ-PA
- Unwelcome Request For Sex | Sexual Harassment Lawyer NYC-NJ-Philadelphia
- Criminal Sexual Conduct in the Workplace | Sex Harassment Lawyer NYC – PA
- Sexual Bribery | Sexual Harassment Lawyer NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexual Joking | Sexual Harassment Lawyer | NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexism in the Workplace | Sexual Harassment Lawyer NYC – NJ – PA
- Sexual Gift-Giving at Work | Sexual Harassment Lawyer | NYC-NJ-PA
- Co-Worker Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexual Harassment by a Supervisor Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Sexual Orientation Harassment | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC-NJ-PA
- Workplace Sexual Coercion | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC – NJ – PA
- Unwanted Physical Contact | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC – NJ – PA
- Non-Employee Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment Lawyer NYC – NJ – PA
- Same Sex Sexual Harassment | Sexual Harassment Lawyer in NYC – NJ – PA
- Wrongful Termination | Retaliation | Employment Discrimination Lawyers
- Family and Medical Leave Act Claims | FMLA Violations Attorneys NYC-NJ-PA
- Severance Agreements Lawyer | Severance Package Attorney in NYC-NJ-PA
- Extraterritorial Application of Employment Statutes
- Firm News
- Contact Us